Monday, September 22, 2008

Persepolis

Just finished watching this movie that has been on my list for a long time. It struck such a chord with me. I loved it. It's about a young girl who grows up in Iran and moves to Europe after the revolution and overthrow of the Shah in the late 70s. The story parallels almost exactly my own mom's. Ive always been so curious about the stories she tells me, and probably more so, the ones she doesn't. It's amazing to be able to see this mysterious and intense part of life through the eyes of another little Persian girl, and confirms my desire to go to Iran. I think I'll find something there I've always been looking for. Great movie!! 

2 comments:

Agathe PHILBÉ said...

ahah I knew you would like it ... such a good movie. Read the (comic) book also if you get a chance, it's slightly different, and very good too. Did you cry and laugh at the same time (as I did, remember) ?

Margo said...

yeah, I was basically crying the whole time. haha